Air Brakes Check
Aside from you, the driver, air brakes are the most
important safety component.
As part of your pre-trip inspection, you must check to
ensure to brake system is functioning correctly
- Air compressor cut-in/cut-out
- Air leakage rates
- Low pressure warning
- Spring brakes check
- Rate of air pressure buildup
- Parking brakes check
- Service brakes check
Air compressor cut-in/cut-out
- Maintain enough air pressure in the air tanks.
- Prevent damage from over pressurizing the air tanks
Typical cut-in is at 100 PSI and cut-out at 125 PSI.
- Verify manufacturer’s specification on your CMV
Check by stepping on and off the brake pedal in succession.
- When air pressure gauge drops below 100 PSI it should start building pressure again but not exceed 125 PSI.